Table of Contents Hide
- The CDP, Customer Data Platform, produces a 360-degree customer view
- With the Customer Data Platform, aim for multi-channel understanding
- Focus on your first-party data thanks to the Customer Data Platform
- Pilot omnichannel campaigns thanks to the Customer Data Platform
- Stay autonomous thanks to the Customer Data Platform
- Manage your GDPR complaints more cross-functionally
- Conclusion: Optimize your data approach with CDP
Why invest in a Customer Data Platform (CDP)? Reconciliation of your databases for cross-functional management across your company’s departments, multi-channel understanding of the purchasing journey, optimization of your first-party data, omnichannel campaigns, better consideration of your customers’ GDPR complaints… Here are six good reasons to do so. This is our product news of the day.
The CDP, Customer Data Platform, produces a 360-degree customer view
You already collect a lot of data on your customers. But they are exploited in silos: each department has its tool and manages data for its needs.
- The customer profile, transactional data, and claims are managed in the CRM;
- Navigation data collected in the DMP;
- Email data used via marketing automation tools;
New tools regularly appear in your infrastructure that further fragment your customer knowledge. Thus, the CDP allows you to reconcile all these databases. You thus obtain a global view of the customer’s interactions with your brand.
With the Customer Data Platform, aim for multi-channel understanding
Data Management Platforms are primarily designed to collect real-time navigation data from visitors to your sites and to activate online campaigns.
Technically, you associate this data with non-nominal unique identifiers. You thus segment based on navigation behaviors related to a device and not with a particular person.
Thanks to the Customer Data Platform, you link the “cold” CRM data with online data.
- Your customer knowledge is enriched by offline interactions with your brand beyond their sole navigation on one or more sites.
- You reconcile a vision associated with an email address. In other words, your marketing campaigns will now address a unique person and no longer users of the same device.
Focus on your first-party data thanks to the Customer Data Platform
The return of first-party data is a trend. Several factors show that third-party data has less appeal than before.
- Browsers are increasingly blocking cookies that allow multi-site tracking. This is the programmed end of third-party cookies;
- Gradually, the consultation period between the CNIL and advertising players will give way to controls. The regulation on cookies becomes effective. However, in the case of third-party advertising cookies, it requires you to collect prior consent for their deposits on behalf of your providers;
- Bringing your marketing practices into compliance with the GDPR may lead you to delete enriched data (bases) from data brokers, as your partners may not have obtained valid consent.
In these conditions, first-party data regain great potential. You optimize your efficiency by reconstructing a complete vision of your knowledge of the customer. And you act independently to build a sustainable relationship of trust with your customers and prospects without relying on third-party data providers.
Pilot omnichannel campaigns thanks to the Customer Data Platform
The CDP produces a global and unified understanding of your customers. Their purchasing journeys are often based on an online/offline mix that the DMP alone could not help you understand.
- You can produce email, SMS, and display campaigns based on much better personalization. Your strategy will be based on a complete vision of interactions between your brand and the customer.
- You determine which communication channels are relevant to each customer and activate your campaigns accordingly. You are more able to deliver the right message at the right time.
- You overcome your silos in terms of technical infrastructure and internal organization. The CDP provides a cross-functional view of how you interact with your customer. Your campaigns are no longer the compilation of specific calendars for each channel. For example, you will have much better control over the advertising pressure exerted on each prospect through the various media used.
Stay autonomous thanks to the Customer Data Platform
The CDP is primarily designed as a tool for marketing departments.
This infrastructure allows you to maintain certain agility because you can pilot omnichannel campaigns with the Customer Data Platform.
The CDP provides a global and unified understanding of your customers, whose purchasing journeys often rely on a mix of online and offline interactions that the DMP alone cannot fully capture. You can now produce email, SMS, and display campaigns based on better personalization, relying on a complete vision of the interactions between your brand and the customer.
You can determine which communication channels are relevant for each customer and activate your campaigns accordingly. You are better able to deliver the right message at the right time, and your campaigns are no longer the compilation of specific calendars for each channel. For example, you can better control the advertising pressure exerted on each prospect through various media.
Remain autonomous with the Customer Data Platform.
The CDP is primarily designed as a tool for marketing departments. This type of infrastructure allows you to maintain a certain level of agility. You can manage its implementation and daily management independently from other internal departments, including IT or external service providers.
Manage your GDPR complaints more cross-functionally
Your prospects and customers have rights over the personal data you process.
They can request access to all of the data you have on them or ask for it to be deleted.
This requires identifying all the technical infrastructures used to store customer and prospect data and transmitting instructions to their respective departments for proper consideration.
The more complex and scattered your infrastructure, the harder it will be to find and delete the requested data.
You link navigation data to an email address or phone number by reconciling offline and online data. You are, therefore, better able to detect the various types of personal data processed to apply the requests of your customer/prospect.
Conclusion: Optimize your data approach with CDP
Seek omnichannel and 360-degree customer knowledge with a CDP! The CDP allows you to break down silos for a better approach to data. This results in a more relevant segmentation of your prospects and customers and more personalized, adapted, and effective marketing campaigns.